I won't lie, I have very much enjoyed the fact that this fall has still felt like summer, oh endless summer, but I do love fall. If it weren't that winter were right behind it, I would love it even more.
My favorite things about fall:
- Slightly cooler weather so you don't feel like you are going to melt when you spend the day outside
- Fresh peaches!
- Fresh pears
- Farmer's Market
- Picking things from my garden
- Fall colors
- Pretty canyon drives
- Playing in the leaves
Last weekend, we had a day filled with my favorite fall things. After the Stake baptism, I went to Farmer's market and stocked up on fresh peaches. I then came home and we packed a lunch and headed up Nebo Loop. We had never been up there before, so Jared did a little search for a good trail that that his pregnant wife could hike without dying and that an 18 month old would survive. He found the Grotto Trail. It was an easy hike up to a small waterfall, which was perfect. Kenzie was in heaven throwing rocks into the pool of water. We then drove up to a semi hidden lake (I thought it was hidden, but apparently it is pretty well known because there were a bunch of people there). We stopped just before the lake to play in the leaves and take some pictures.
Anyway, that is a lot of information about our adventure just so I can post these pictures... :)
Also on Saturday, Jared finished our cold storage shelves! Yeah! They turned out great. It is so nice to see what we actually have in our food storage rather than just see stacked up grocery bags. Here is his finished product, prior to clean up and shelf stocking of course.
4 comments:
What a beautiful hike and you look FANTASTIC. And look at Jared building stuff-what a handy man.
Ok Kristee, You HAVE to email me directions to that beautiful waterfall! I am always looking for neat places to go, but that my 7 and 5 year old girls could handle as well. How long was the hike? Its beautiful and you look great.
When you have your food storage organized, I want to come see it!
Cute pictures!
I love that little hike too.. perfect for kids! And, we did the same thing with fall leaves... nothings cuter than your lil' kids playing in the leaves! and I tagged you on my blog :)
Post a Comment