Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Football and Nursery

So, on Saturday, I went to my first (and probably only) BYU game of the season. As I watched the weather forcasts throughout the week, I was really nervous. Of course for the one game that I, a fair weather supporter, was going to, it was supposed to be snowing, chance of rain, and 41 degrees. I was totally prepared to sit through a blizzard with my die-hard-endure-to-the-last-second-husband. I had my coat, snow pants, snow boots, ear warmer, poncho to cover it all, and a blanket. Thankfully, it turned out to be an amazing day with only cool temperatures. We still have not had any snow or rain. At one point during the game, the sun was shining in our eyes. It was great. BYU didn't play so well, but pulled off a win and it didn't snow on me, so overall, a good game! I made sure we had the camera so I had proof that I endured the blizzard, but ended up with just proof of being there. :)

This past week, Kenzie turned 18 months old. The time has really gone so quickly. She is now very talkative and repeats pretty much anything we say. She is so happy and fun (most of the time!). She had her first day of nursery on Sunday. The picture below is her ready for church. I can't get over what a little girl she is instead of a baby. She did so well at nursery. Stayed the whole time and never cried. Here's to hoping it stays that way! Jared and I tried to not be the paranoid parents, but at the end of the day, I think we had both peeked in on her twice and a friend who's in primary with me and who's daughter is in Kenzie' s class brought back a few reports as well. So much for not being paranoid, huh!

5 comments:

Phillips Family said...

I noticed a studly man sitting next to you guys in that picture. How could that have been? It was good to see you guys. Next time we will have to get together.

fillmore family said...

yay for nursery! It's always bittersweet: so nice to have your busy toddler entertained while you can actually sit through your mtgs. but sad that your baby is growing up too fast! But it's a good thing with your little one on the way you'll be so glad :)

Cyndi said...

Kenzie is adorable. I love the pictures. What a cute family.

Emily & Eric said...

Its crazy that your baby is so old, I swear we were just at her baby shower.
Also I wanted to tell you sorry about your/our grandpa. He was such a good guy!
I am sure I will be seeing you soon.

Cashelle said...

I just had to tell ya it's easier to give in and love the Cougars! I did that about year 2 in our marriage that I did that! You look cute in Cougar Blue. Your little Kenzie is so cute. It will be fun to watch her become a big sister. We need to get together sometime!