Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Harvest Moon Hurrah and Our Latest Home Project

On Saturday, we met up with my some of my cousins and their families to go to the Spanish Fork Harvest Moon Hurrah (not kidding, that is what it is called!). It was so much fun. One thing I love about SF is all of the family friendly fun community things they do. This event is great. We love going each year and now that we have a child, it is even more fun. The kids got to make pictures with apple stamps, make bracelets and fall crowns, and have mini caramel apples among other things. They also got to ride ponies. All for free, mind you. Kenzie and I had been talking about the ponies before we left and then the while we were waiting a long time for the pony rides, Jared was getting her excited about it and she was anxious to get out of the stroller and to the ponies. Well, as you can see below, once she actually got the pony, she wasn't excited at all...more like traumatized. Who can blame her really, though. That is a big animal when you are so small.

Well, if one try wasn't good enough, we decided that maybe if she was with mom, it might go better. No way! She wouldn't let go of me. I know that it won't be long, though, until she is like every other kid and want her own pony. :) The other kids liked the pony rides much better.

We also got to go on a hay ride around town. They had kids that were playing guitar and fiddle on the ride to provide entertainment. Once again, a fun time. In this picture is my cousin Chad, his daughter Grace, and his nephew Roman. After the hay ride,we had what every event must have to be successful...good food. We filled ourselves with hot scones and honey butter and BBQ sandwhiches and then went to watch the headliner entertainment, Eclipse. All around, family fun. We had a great time with the cousins and are glad they came with us.
On another subject...So, after stocking up on food storage items and having them stack up on one little shelf and all over the floor of our cold storage, I have convinced Jared that it is time to start putting in shelves. He hauled everything out of the storage area (which was a big job in and of its self) and has been working each night this past week on our project. Here is a before picture. As of tonight, we are almost halfway there...the after picture to come. You'll notice I have called it "our" project, but it is really him who is doing all of the work while I do things like blog. :)
We have to nail boards into the cement to support the shelves and to do this, the tool requires a type of bullet and a nail. You then hit the tool with a hammer to set off the bullet so it will shoot the nail into the cement. It is just like a gun going off. Thankfully, Kenzie has been able to sleep through this, but I think the neighbors are probably wondering who is shooting what in our house. :) Only a few more days and I promise the bullets will stop!

3 comments:

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

Hey, so I totally met Eclipse when I was in Laramie...I have their CD...funny little Mormon Boy Band...so, when you wrote how family friendly "SF" is I totally thought you were referring to San Francisco! HA! Old habbits die hard!

The Manwaring Family said...

I can totally remember my girls screaming not wanting to ride a pony as well! Although, I was the mom who still forced them to ride it just for a photo! Kenzie is so cute! Although she is crying her eyes out, it still makes a cute photo :)

I am excited to see your food storage shelves. We need to share food storage ideas (what food and items you are storing). We think our food storage is done, but are looking for additional ideas.

Phillips Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.