So, I haven't posted in awhile.... :) Here are some of the first pictures of my garden. This is the first time we have ever gardened, so it is a fun new learning experience for us. We have peas, carrots, onions, and radishes that are up. This last Saturday, we planted the rest of the garden and got the rest of the drip system put together. Here's to hopping that we are really past the last frost date of the year! This gardening thing is really pretty amazing. It is such a neat thing to put a tiny seed in the ground and then watch it grow. I get so excited to see the little plants. I seriously have taken a million pictures of individual plants. Anyway, here are some shots of the pea plants.Saturday, we also planted some trees. Next week we have the goal of getting our shrubs in, but for now, we are really excited about trees. We have three flowering crab apples out front and an autumn blaze maple in the back. Here is what our front yard looks like with trees.
This is really late, but May 13th was Jared's birthday. We had a great day and then on the weekend got to go to dinner and see Prince Caspian while Karlee, Bonnee, and Grandma watched Kenzie. I forget how great it is to have a date without the baby once in awhile. Thanks guys, for watching Kenz!
And finally, what would a post be without a shot of Kenzie. This was her out enjoying the sunshine on one of the really nice days we have had...before it started raining non -stop. She loves playing with Easter eggs. For a few days, they were her absolute favorite toy. We had to postpone our Adams family Easter egg hunt until this weekend due to weather and family members being gone, so I look at it as just getting her ready to hunt eggs and win prizes!
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Garden, Birthday, and Other Stuff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your garden and yard look great. I hope you have a good growing season. Kenzie is adorable. Happy Birthday Jared!
Post a Comment