Jared had a conference in Arizona the first of this week, so Kenzie and I dropped him off at the airport and then headed to Morgan for a few days. Kenzie got to see Grandpa's calves for the first time. Not only did she get to see them, but got her first "cowgirl" experience as she observed from a safe location while Bonnee, my dad, and I vaccinated and branded the calves. Good times!! I'm not sure how much Kenzie liked it, but Bonnee and I had a great time.
Kenzie also got to sit on the tractor (she was never on it while it was moving...I promise!) She loved it.
We also had a BBQ down by the river that will be in my parent's back yard when they get their house built. Can't beat a grilled steak and then a bonfire and S mores with the sound of running water and fish jumping in the background! I'm just so glad that I get to raise my family in a place where we can be close to family and where we can have these kind of experiences.Thanks mom and dad and Bonnee and Kyle for a fun few days. Sure beats sitting at home alone.
Jared had a good conference, but we are glad he's back. We feel pretty lucky that 3 days is the longest we've had to be apart since we've been married!
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Cowgirlin' It
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Too cute! My dad loves to take Grant on tractor rides too and just enjoy the country living. We are blessed I tell ya. Looks like life is treating you well! Kenzie is a doll!
Love Kenzie's smile in the photos. Your parents seem to have picked a really great property. Can't wait to see it when the house is done. Isn't it nice that our husbands don't typically travel with their jobs. I just don't know how some Mom's do it alone.
Post a Comment