Thursday, March 11, 2010

From the Mouths of Babes (or a babe)...

Here are some of our latest favorite quotes from Kenzie.  In no particular order...

Yesterday, I pulled out an old Porterville phrase and told Linzie, "Darn your hide," as she was pulling all of the DVDs off the shelf.  Today, Kenzie has told me "Darn your hide", at least three times.

Last week we had a sick, rough week.  The girls were still coughing pretty bad on Sunday, so we stayed home from church, except that I had to go to teach my Sunday school lesson.  Kenzie sat in the bathroom with me while I was getting ready.  I pulled my hair up and had it curled, but when I was done, Kenzie looked right at me and said, "You look kinda like a ragamuffin."  Nothing like your own words coming back to haunt you!

Two weeks ago, Jared was hooking the bike trailer we got for Christmas up to his bike so we could take the girls for a ride.  The pin broke so he couldn't get it hooked up that night.  He got a new part the next day and Kenzie went out with him to get it all put together.  When it was done, she looked at him and in all seriousness said, "Good job dad.  I am so proud of you!"

This one comes from January, but is totally a classic.  We had been watching the State of the Union Address and at one point, Jared made the comment that Nancy Pelosi makes him crazy.  The next day, the evening news was giving the run down on the speech.  At one point they panned to a shot of Nancy Pelosi.  Kenzie, out of the blue says, "That woman makes daddy crazy!"  Nothing gets by her! 

My favorite for the week...Last night when I was putting her to bed, completely out of the blue, she said, "Linzie is my best friend."  Oh princess.  I hope that you will always say that and always have that kind of love for your sister.

Linzie isn't saying too much yet, but I can't wait to hear what wild things she will say.

4 comments:

Jody said...

What a funny little girl! I always pray that my kids will always be close to. How is the basement coming along?

Jody said...

Wow! I guess congrats on the basement!! You're going to love it.. It's the best thing we have ever done! The girls are getting so big.

Jenny said...

Oh, these are so sweet! What cute girls you have!

The Francis Family said...

I was laughing so hard at Kenzie's comments. I love when your words come back to haunt you! (it could be lots worse)and congrats on the basement. That is such an accomplishment. I'm telling you when the family and friends come over it is worth every penny. Great to see you and hopefully we can get together soon.