Friday, September 12, 2008

State Fair and Other Musings

So last weekend, we had to go to the dentist in Salt Lake (Dr Steven D Smith if anyone is looking for a good dentist), so while we were down there, we decided to make a weekend of it. We met up with Becky and Brandon after the dentist on Friday and went to the State Fair. We had a great time with them! Jared had never been to the State Fair before we got married, but it has since become an annual tradition. I know it is over for this year, but here is a shout out for a pretty inexpensive great time with plenty of things for kids and adults to see and do. And, if anyone asks, the deep fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich is as good as it looks on the commercials. Becky gave it a try and gave us all a bite. Truly a delicacy. :) Thanks, Becky for letting us share!










Here a few shots---Kenzie trying on cowgirl hats, the family in the cow barn (Kenzie would have much rather been down running among the cows then in my arms for a picture!), and one at the rodeo with Becky and Brandon.










This was Jared's favorite part of the fair...as we were walking out, there was sports car with a BYU decal on the door. He couldn't pass up a picture. :)

We have also been busy picking things out of garden over the last month. It has been so much fun to go out each day and see what is ready to be picked. I can't believe how many cucumbers one plant can produce! Can I just say, cucumbers running out of our ears. If anyone who reads this wants any, let me know. Our corn was very pathetic, but when I pulled up the carrots, I was convinced I had planted mutants. The are giant, well, at least fat. They are like 2 inches in diameter but only a few inches long. Pretty funny. Here are a few shots of Kenzie with one, being helpful and bringing it to the house.













Kenzie is now 17 months old. She had her first trial run of nursery today and seemed to do just fine. Jared is getting excited to maybe actually get to sit through Priesthood, at least for a few months. Kenzie is saying more everyday and is getting to be really helpful. She has started getting her own diaper when she needs a change and loves to "help" with loading the dishes and vacuuming. She is also getting a little more picky about what she wears. A true girl!

3 comments:

Jody said...

Hey the state fair is one of my family traditions too. Geoff doesn't really enjoy it. I was wondering if the PB fried chocolate drizzle was any good. So thanks for answering that question. Kenzie is so cute. Congrats on the cucumbers wish we lived closer and I would take a few off your hands. The carrots probably could of won at the state fair "plump and cute". How fun to be able to see things grow that you actually planted and helped grow. FUN memories for Kenzie too. Hope that your feeling well. I'm sure Jared was excited for the BYU blowout game...

fillmore family said...

Hey Kristee! I'm on the blogging world now, and came across your blog! How fun! Congrats again on the little girl... sisters are so fun! And, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that loves the fair :) ~Cindy

Brandon and Becky Patrick said...

Remember how we took like 6 pictures of Jared and that car with the BYU sticker...the camera just wasn't liking it I guess. Again, Becky and I had a blast at the fair with you guys.