Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Greatest Guy in the World


So...I already knew it, but yesterday just reconfirmed that Jared is the greatest guy in thew world!

On Sunday, my family was all in Ephraim for my nephew's blessing. My dad and brother-in-law had to work on Monday, but all of the girls had it off, so the guys went back to Morgan so they could go to work and my mom and sisters stayed over at our house so we could all enjoy President's Day together. It was great! Can't beat a great slumber party! Well, yesterday morning, of course my mom was up at the crack of dawn as always, and my sisters were still sleeping, so my mom and I decided to get a jump start on the day. I put Kenzie down for a nap before we left and left her in Jared's capable hands. After a great trip to Joann's (yes, I smell a project coming on), I came home to hear this amazing story....

While we were gone, Kenzie sat in her bed and talked to herself for awhile instead of napping. Then, out of the blue she began to cry the infamous "poo cry". If you've heard a constipated child cry, you know what I'm talking about. Jared went running in to hold and comfort her while it passed. Usually the "poo cry" only lasts about 30 seconds, but this one didn't stop. Finally, he decided he better check her diaper to make sure things were okay. Needless to say, they weren't. After a quick call to Dr Steve for some advise (thanks for the consult Steve! We love having a Dr. in the family!), Jared then proceeded to help Kenzie with the movement she was having. She was in so much pain that she was just screaming and screaming. Once Jared got her cleaned out, she immediately relaxed and then fell right to sleep. Kind of a sad, gross story, but really, what a guy, huh? Not many men are great about changing a poopy diaper, let alone actually helping a poor suffering child get something out that they can't pass on their own. Now, that is love and one heck of a guy!!!

Well, after that, Kenzie had a good nap, so we let her sleep while my mom and sisters went shopping, with the plan that we would meet up with them when she woke up. We met up with them for lunch and then went shopping until they had to get back home. Once again, what a guy! Jared not only spent the day shopping with all the girls, but did so with a smile on his face and no complaining. I don't know many guys that would willingly spend their day off shopping, and especially, not with their mother and sisters-in-law. So, once again, I say, Jared is the greatest guy in the world.

I love you!

2 comments:

Phillips Family said...

I don't think mother can work at BYU with a beard can he?

Jared said...

Adam, you're just jealous that I can grow a Mehmet Okur beard better than you in one week over Christmas break (when I didn't have to work).

By the way, I don't know if I really had a smile on my face while shopping with the girls, but luckily it was only for a few hours.

And finally, I hope none of you ever have to pull poo out of your childs bum. That was not a pleasant experience, but I am sure any of you would have done the same to help your child be out of pain.