Friday, December 18, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Yes, somehow we are already at Christmas. Thanksgiving was a wonderful event with the Christensens, but I somehow failed to get my camera out, so no pictures to document the event. So, I guess we move on.

I am so excited for Christmas! As Kenzie runs out of her room every morning and turns on the Christmas tree lights (and then turns the timer just a little more and tells me she is "turning them down" so the lights "aren't bright in my eyes") and I get to turn on the Oakridge Boys Christmas tape (yes, a classic cassette tape from my childhood), I can't help but feel Christmas magic and cheer. I love the spirit of love and giving that abounds this time of year. I love the fun traditions and great food. I love the music and that I get to read "Polar Express" and the "Snowmen at Christmas" books a hundred times a day. I love the magic that kids bring to the holiday. I love that we have a Savior who came in such humble circumstances to save us all. I love Christmas.

To make this month extra special, we got to start it out with our niece, Mikayla's baptism. Again, failed to get any pictures, but it was so nice and we are so proud of Mikayla and the choice she made to be baptized. We are grateful for the good example she is to our girls. Kenzie had been talking about Mikayla's baptism for months before it happened. We're glad we could be there to share the day.

We also got to share a 10 year old birthday with our cousin's son Dylan at Pirate Island Pizza in Provo! Thanks for inviting us to your party, Dylan. We had a lot of fun.
When I was young, we would get together at my grandma's with my mom's sister and her daughters and dip chocolates. This year, my aunt moved back to Utah, so we revived the tradition and all got together at my mom's to dip A LOT of chocolates. We were sad that Grandma, Katee, Melanie, and Angie couldn't be there, but we had a lot of fun talking, laughing, and eating way too much good, homemade candy.
Yes, that is the finished product. The table, counter, and bar stools full of delightful chocolate dipped goodness!

We've also been to a great ward Christmas party...Christmas in Nauvoo. Very fun. Great job to Sister K on a fabulous party. And, of course, we've been to Spanish Fork's Festival of Lights. If you live anywhere near Spanish Fork, I highly recommend it. For $5 you get to sit your warm car, listening to Christmas music while you drive through a magical land of lights, including jumping frogs, skiing bears, castles, rocking horses, a nativity...pretty much anything you can imagine. A definite hit!

And, I have made it this far without going to a mall. I'm counting that as my big accomplishment this year. Thank you online shopping and free delivery! I have finished my fun projects for the girls--a chef hat and apron to accompany Kenzie's gift that Santa will bring her and a purse and fun hooded bath towel for Linzie. So, the hooded bath towel is my new favorite thing to make. Look out baby showers of 2010.

Last big event of our month so far...last Saturday, my brother came down to wire our basement. Yeah!!! My dad came to help and my sisters came with, so while the guys worked, the girls got to do a little shopping and make our favorite sugar cookies. Thanks everyone for your help! We still have a bit to do to finish the wiring, but it is so nice to have our basement project moving along!!!

Merry Christmas to everyone. We hope yours is filled with joy, love and peace!

No comments: