Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Linzie Gwen

Linzie Gwen decided to come about a week early. Kristee went into labor yesterday morning and we got to drive through a blizzard to get to the hospital, and Linzie was born at 1:30 in the afternoon. She weighed in at 7 lb 1 oz and was 19 inches long. Both Linzie and Kristee are doing great. We are really excited to have our new daughter in our family.




Kenzie got to stay at my sister Heidi's house yesterday. I went and picked her up this morning and she got to meet her little sister. She was a little sad at first but is starting to warm up to her. She is really clingy to me, which doesn't usually happen. She even insisted that I be the one to do her hair this morning, which I don't really know how to do.

16 comments:

Annie said...

She's beautiful! I am so happy for you guys. Two girls are the best and Kenzie is going to be a great big sister.

The Manwaring Family said...

Congratulations! I agree, sisters are the best! She is beautiful. Happy to hear all went well (and quick!). Please let me know if you need anything.

The Manwarings

Jill said...

Congrats! And I love that Kenzie wanted you to do her hair--you should do it more often!

Denise said...

Congrats to you both! How exciting. I'm glad mom and baby are doing well!

Jillian said...

Congratulations! Kenzie and Linzie both look adorable. I hope Grace's adjustment to having a little brother isn't too rough ... one more month and we'll know! Good luck with the transition!

fillmore family said...

Ahh... so sweet :) Congrats! And Kristee... I wish I looked that cute after delivery!

Jody said...

Congrats!! She is beautiful... You look great Kristee.. Hope that your doing well.. Kenzie how fun for you to have a sister.. Jared you are out numbered!! Hey Jared e-mail me your address and lets see if I can actually give Linzie her gift... What a cute name..

Emily & Eric said...

Congrats! She looks so sweet. Cant wait to meet her.

Cashelle said...

So precious. Love the little babies. Hope you're feeling well.

Jeff and Rose said...

Wow, a week early!! We have been trying to tell Yasuko that babies come early all the time. She is amazed. She thinks that they are born only on their due date!! We have been picking a bit of fun at her expense. She is due next week. I can't wait to tell everyone about your little girl. A big AITC congratulations. We love you!!!
xoxoxo Rose

Brandon and Becky Patrick said...

We miss your kids so much already. We need to come visit again soon. I love little Linzie! She is so sweet to hold. If you ever need babysitters... you know who to ask!

Clint, Mel & Kids said...

What wonderful news! I'm glad you're all doing well. Linzie is beautiful!

cchriste said...

She's amazing!! Give her a kiss from her favorite aunt..can't wait to meet her!!

ericphil said...

Wow, both of our wives gave birth only three days apart. I'm sure our kids will be great friends and maybe they can room together in college. On second thought, since I had a boy and you had a girl, I don't think they would allow that.

Seriously though, congratulations!

Ralphster said...

Jared and Kristee - congrats on the new addition to the family!
DC

Ralphster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.