Thursday, November 15, 2007

So this past weekend we had an Adams family adventure to Smith and Edwards. It was Jared's first time. If you've never been there, it is quite amazing! Their motto is something along the lines that "we've got it if you can find it". You can get anything from western wear to chip clips. Grandpa Adams found a cowgirl shirt there that he decided Kenzie needed. She wore it to church on Sunday with her brown skirt. It looked so cute! Thanks, Grandpa.

So, Jared gave me a new camera and have been going wild taking pictures. Of course my favorite, and most available subject, is Kenzie so I have been taking shots of everything she does. I gave her a little basket ball that we have for the first time the other day. She loved it! She hugged it, chewed it, tried to chase it, whined when she couldn't get it, etc. I limited myself to just posting one picture of the basketball moment--well, okay, two pictures. I just thought the black and white one was great.


And, to end this post, I did get tagged so, here are 6 random facts about myself. I do have to say, after reading others' tags, I don't think I'm very interesting at all.

1. I lived in Henefer, Utah from the time I was 4 until I turned 11. It is a great little town. I just saw in the newspaper the other day that no one even ran for their open town council seat so whoever got the most write-in votes would be on the council (if they accepted the position). I also worked at the only store in town, Grumps, all through high school. It is one of those endearing places where you can get gas, a hot dog, and horse shoe nails all in one stop. I love Henefer and have very fond memories of fun and friends there.

2. The first summer after high school and my first summer home from college, I worked as a laborer at the Holcim cement plant in Devil's Slide, UT. It is just down the street from where we lived in Croydon and is where my dad works. I shoveled and swept a ton of cement dust those two summers. I drove a Bobcat skid loader, a dump truck, and a front end loader. I wore steel toed boots, a hard hat, safety glasses, and ear plugs everyday to work. It was a good paying summer job, but was also a job that served as motivation to keep going to school! Seriously, there is nothing quite as gross as cement boogers.

3. I consciously made the decision NOT to apply to BYU for college. I wanted nothing to do with BYU or Utah County, EVER. Life has a way of giving you the complete opposite of what you want. Now, not only do I live in Utah County, and will for a very long time, but I married someone who works at BYU and is one of their biggest fans. All I can say is, I am not a fan (GO AGGIES!) but am a "supporter". How can you not support the organization that pays the bills? :)

4. I hate eating corn on the cob. I can't stand the noise it makes when you eat it, that it gets in my teeth, and that it squirts juice. Honestly, I have a hard time being around others when they are eating corn on the cob for the same reasons. The taste is good, but it is not worth eating because of all the reasons listed above. The only corn I will eat is Western Family whole kernel canned corn, which I love.

5. I had never watched Goonies until I married Jared. Yes, I did grow up in the 80's but somehow escaped the whole Goonies experience until last year. Jared was in shock and made sure that I didn't go through my whole life without seeing it.

6. I showed sheep for 4-H and FFA and, one year, actually fulfilled my dad's life long goal of winning Grand Champion. Oh, and I was also a prize winning sheep trimmer. I could comb and card and trim with the best of them.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I had no idea you were so handy with the big machinery and showing sheep. You are totally interesting! Love the pictures of Kenzie. She is so dang cute. We are visiting over Christmas and i think we are having a family party-so I am excited to see you guys!