Monday, August 27, 2007

It's About Time...

Well, somehow we are already through August and I haven't posted a thing. The time just goes so fast. I keep seeing everyone else's updates and have been reinspired and am rededicated. August has been a great month. I'm kind of getting sad to see summer wind down.

Kenzie had her four month check up on Wednesday. She is weighing in at 12 pounds and is 24.5 inches long. This weekend she also rolled over for the first time--from back to front on Friday and then from front to back on Sunday. We keep thinking that she is teething, but I guess she is just slobbery because no teeth are coming through.

We've had two family camp outs this month, one with the Christensens' and one with the Adams'. Thankfully, neither of them were "roughin' it" too much. Cabins at Heber Valley and Grandpa and Grandma's back yard make camping a breeze. We really had a great time at both camp outs.

This month, we have also been to both, the Morgan and Summit County Fairs. You can't beat a good county fair! :) Kenzie also had her first experience of being babysat this month. Aunt Karlee was awesome enough to meet us at the temple and watch her for the hour while we were in the temple for Jared's cousin's wedding. It went well. I think leaving your child for the first time, no matter how short the time, is harder for the parents than the child!

Another interesting event of this month is that Grandpa and Grandma Adams have done a property swap and, as of this weekend, will be staying with Kyle and Bonnee until they finish a new house in Porterville. We are excited for them. Their new property will have a river running through the back yard so we will get to do a lot more fishing. Grandpa has also been saying that he plans to get a pony for the grandkids so, after all of the work of building a new house is finished, it looks like lots of fun times in Porterville!


Kenzie at the Christensen Campout
Kristee and Kenzie at the Dry Farm for the Adams' camp out dinner
Kenzie in her sleep out attire---not really sure what to think!

2 comments:

Cashelle said...

What a cutie. It's amazing how fast they grow. I remember when you were expecting her there was something with her kidneys. Is everything okay now?

Kristee and Jared said...

Hi Cashelle,

They do grow so fast! Everything is great with her kidneys. Thanks for asking. So far, she has been the healthiest baby I've known.