Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Three Years Old

I was going to change the background, but why do that?  If you wait long enough to update the blog, another birthday rolls around, like it has at our house, and the background still fits. :)

Linzie turned 3 last week.

For Linzie's birthday breakfast, she had requested cinnamon rolls.  We had them for Christmas morning, so when I asked her what she would want, she told me, "those pancakes rolled up like on Christmas."  I showed her a picture of cinnamon rolls to make sure that was what she was talking about.  I spent the night before making them so I could just bake them before everyone woke up.  When she woke up, she came running out and told me she wanted oatmeal for breakfast!  Oatmeal!  Sorry sister, you are getting a cinnamon roll!!! No oatmeal today. :) 

She did enjoy them once she started eating them.

We got to take a family trip to the dentist on her birthday as well.  Not the funnest thing, but it was when we could do it.  Linzie did great getting her teeth cleaned and I think she cleaned out the treasure chest afterwards.
 After the dentist, while she and Jamen napped at Grandma Christensens (again, not so much fun on your birthday, but totally needed), I put together her requested "purple cake with a princess in it."

When Grandpa Christensen got home, we took him and Grandma with us to Chuck E Cheese.  We have actually never our taken our kids there, so this was a first.  They had SO much fun.  What an exhausting experience though, even with only three kids.  Who knew it could take so long to burn through 30 tokens?  Oh, and the extra tokens Kenzie kept finding on the ground.  We finally thought we were out and Kenzie reached in her pocket and says, "I have money".  We had to make her not find anymore tokens!  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for chasing/entertaining/containing Jamen during it all.




 After Chuck E Cheese, we got to go back to Grandma and Grandpa's for cake and custard and presents.  Linzie could hardly wait to open the gifts she had picked out at Toys R Us on her special outing with Grandma.  The birthday shopping trip is such a hit.
 All in all, a great third birthday.


A few things I want to remember about Linzie right now:
You are super verbal.  You say some of my favorite things:  pomcuter=computer, "Why is I...?, you call your former nursery leaders Sis Kearns and Shaun.  You are super observant and slightly OCD.  You don't like things to be out of place and it drives you crazy when doors are left open.  You still love your yellow blankie.  You can be amazingly loud, but also very sweet, when you want to be.  You have a serious stubborn streak, but love to give hugs and kisses.  In fact, you cry if you don't get to see dad and give him a hug and kiss before he leaves for work.  You also have no reservations, sometimes to our horror, about hugging and kissing complete strangers.  You are not a very good eater, but you always love a good peach, pear, or marshmallow. You love milk and would drink a gallon a day if I would let you.  You can't wait until you can ride in a booster seat and ask if you can every time we get in the car.  Every time you pray you ask that,"Jacob can be well on his mission."  Happy Birthday, Linzie!  We love you!

One side note: On the day you were born, it snowed so much it took us forever to get to the hospital and no one could come visit us because it was so bad.  This year, there was absolutely no snow.

3 comments:

Phillips Family said...

It was so great to see you guys again. It seems like time passes too fast. Your kids are great.

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

Love the princess cake!!! Every year I asked to go to Chuck E Cheeses for my birthday and every year I think people think I'm kidding...still have never gone...now I'm determined to go!

The Francis Family said...

Love that she randomly wanted oatmeal that morning. Kids! She has always been small but ahead of her age in every other way. I bet she will still be talking about that cake for a while. ;)