Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Milestones

Since it's been awhile...

Jamen
Jamen is now almost 7 months old.  His babyhood is a blur to me.  Probably from lack of sleep and too many distractions.  But truly, a blur.  I feel like he has gotten so big so fast.  At his six month check up, he was in the 75th percentile for height, but has now dropped to the 5th percentile for weight.  So much for keeping him on the charts!

  • Rolls everywhere.
  • Started eating baby food.  He LOVES it.  Unlike the other two, he pretty much hasn't spit out a drop.  In fact, he smacks his lips and gets so excited when he knows food is coming.  It is so fun to watch.  
  • Moved to the crib and his own room. 
He is a very happy boy and is very patient as his feedings and naps are frequently interrupted.

Linzie
  • Potty trained. When can you actually claim that a child is potty trained?  I'm going to claim that Linzie is because she has been wearing panties in the car for long distances and to church with no accidents.  I think that warrants the title of potty trained.  This, however, is not to say that she never has accidents.  No we still have the "I'm-having-so-much-fun-I-can't-stop-to-go-to-the-bathroom" kind of accidents once in awhile or the "I'm in time-out-for-hurting-someone-and-think-'I'll-show-them'" kind of accidents.
  • Sleeping in the toddler bed.  This was a big move for us.  Linzie was set to stay in the crib until she out grew it, literally, or figured out how to climb out of it.  I guess our expectations were pretty low about her staying in her bed and her room.  We finally decided it was time, for both her and Jamen's sake (he needed the crib) to make the big move.  I am proud to say, she has totally exceeded our expectations.  Please don't tell her or teach her that she can get out of the bed without mom or dad telling her she can!
  • Canine teeth.  Linzie has had no canine teeth on top or bottom until now.  They are finally poking through.  Nothing like being two and still not having your baby teeth.  Yeah for teeth!
  • First hair cut.  Thanks, Aunt Becky! 
  • Opens the fridge by herself.  Oh, what a milestone!  Good and bad.  Now I don't have to get her milk cup out of the fridge for her but, now she can get whatever she wants whenever she wants and, she likes to open the fridge just because she can.  
Linzie has recently reentered her biting, pinching, hitting phase.  Grrrrr...  Time out is proving to not be as effective as it once was.  She willingly takes herself to time out, sits in her chair and sings and laughs to herself, comes out saying "No biting" or "No hitting" and then turns around and does it again. I think she likes time out a little too much. Grrrrrrrr..

Kenzie
  • First talk in Primary.
  • Turned 4 years old. Don't mind the cake in the picture.  We had some of it at her party the day before, but somehow failed to get any pictures of her blowing out the candles when the cake was whole.  The cake was my version of a Frog Princess cake (her special request) and, it needed to have a frog on it as well she let me know.  She was so excited about the frog that she ate half of it (a ball of fondant) and then said her stomach was hurting so she would have to stop!
  • First "friend" birthday party.  We had our first ever friend party.  Of course, it had to be a princess party.  We had a lot of fun.  Dress-up, decorating of tiaras, games, a tea party...can't be anything but fun, right.  She has such cute friends and was so happy to have them share her birthday with her.

    2 comments:

    Phillips Family said...

    Wow, your kids are really growing up. It has been too long since we saw you all last.

    Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

    We really have to get together!!!!! We are going to miss the Christensen easter bash...that's hard to compete with!!! Glad all is going well...thanks for rubbing the whole Potty issue in our face!!!!