On Sunday, we blessed Jamen. It was a great day. We have super early church and, of course, it was a snowy day, so it was quite a sacrifice all of our family to be there. We are thankful that they all made it. Jared gave Jamen a very nice blessing and afterward, we had a waffle bar brunch with everyone. Thank you everyone for making it a special day.
Jamen is now two moths old. He has started to smile and coo and is so much fun. At his Dr visit, he weighed 10 lbs 11 oz and is 23 inches long. That puts him in the 25th percentile for weight and 50th for height. We'll see if we can keep him on the charts! He is a cutie and looked especially cute in his tux.
And, of course, the day before his blessing he was cheering for BYU in the big rivalry game.





The girls are also growing and changing so much. Linzie will be two next month. I can't believe it. There is something about her being two that has me a little bit melancholy. The past two years have gone by so fast. I feel like she has grown up in a blink of the eye. She is talking a ton, is very independent, still loves her blankie, and wants to use the potty, but won't actually go when she sits on it. She loves to talk on the phone, LOVES her grandpas, and is a daddy's girl. She counts to five in the cutest way, drawing out every word..."Oooooone, twoooooo, threeeeee, etc." Her favorite place to be is wherever Kenzie is and she cries when Kenzie leaves to go to preschool. Linzie has finally quit biting and pinching when she gets excited and now she just yells and bites her blanket. She had totally crazy blond hair that is adorably curly when it is wet, but gets out of control when it is dry. She likes to play the "evil eye"game where she will give us her evil eye and then smile and laugh. My favorite two things she says right now are, "Love you, mommy" and "Thank you, mommy." She is a lot of fun.
 |
| Linzie eating Thanksgiving pie |
Kenzie is also growing up fast. Sometimes when I listen to her, I forget that she is only three. She has an incredible sense of logic and reasoning. The other night I was tucking her in bed,out of the blue she asked me something about when we will get to live with Jesus. I told her that we get to live with Jesus after we die. She then asked, "Then does Jesus live in the cemetery?" She also has an incredible memory. Just a few minutes ago, she said she couldn't remember the name of the store, but wondered when we could go back to the store with the little carts that is by her preschool and they sell napkins. The only one I could think of that fit any of that description was Smiths. I have only taken her to Smiths twice in her life and the one that is by her "preschool", only once and that was in August. How she remembers these things, I don't know. Elephant memory I tell you. Kenzie is doing a neighborhood preschool once a week some some kids in our ward. It is a lot of fun and we both love it. I have also been taking her to Provo two times a week to do a computer based preschool thing...she loves it, but we'll see how long we last. Kenzie loves stories and songs. She loves to talk on the phone and is already making me dread the teenage years. When she gets on the phone, she will leave and go to another room and close the door. When I go to find her, she will tell me to leave or will take off and go to another room. Oh my! Thank goodness the grandmas and grandpas don't seem to mind when she talks their ears off. Kenzie also loves to make things--food or crafts. She likes to have her nails painted and wants to take a purse everywhere. She is very helpful, if not too much so sometimes. She thinks anything that is odd or different is "silly" and tells me about a hundred different things a day that are, "silly". Kenzie is also a daddy's girl and adores her grandmas. In fact, I can do nothing for her if a grandma is around. She also adores her brother and we have to have constant reminders about personal space and that there is such a thing as too many kisses. Kenzie is very compassionate and service oriented. She is always asking me if we can take things to the neighbors. Such a good girl.
 |
| Kenzie licking the beaters at Thanksgiving |
3 comments:
He should have cheered louder!! Stupid utah. Looks like things are going well for you guys. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.
Love the update. Know how you feel about time passing and you just can't fill it with everything you hoped. But your girls are so cute and good. I love when they come over and can't wait to see Jamen more.
Seriously...two...I thought I knew what the terrible two's were...I didn't know it was that I would feel so terrible! :) Sorry we weren't there for the blessing!!! Let's get together!
Post a Comment