Thursday, July 8, 2010

July??? Let's go back to June...

Our big events in June...
1-Finishing our basement:  Brian, Christi, and Brandon came and helped us paint and it turned out awesome!  We got the marble installed, finish electrical done (except our hall lights that are on back order) and the carpet installed all within a week.  We have been loving it, especially now that it is hot! We painted one room purple, with white bead board for the girls to eventually share.  I didn't expect to move anyone down there until Kenzie was 5 or so.  The day it was finished, she asked if she could sleep down there.  We put up one of the twin beds and she has been sleeping there ever since.  I think it was definitely harder on me have her sleep downstairs by herself than it was for her.  Here are a few pictures, pre moving everything down and with no decor.  They don't really do it justice.  If you want to see how it really looks, you'll have to come visit!  We still have the bathroom to finish, but love, love, love the new space we have down there.

The office
Kenzie's room
One part of the family room (the real part with the couches and TV, I forgot to take a picture of)
The play area with a room under the stairs

The best part of all is that we now have a perfect place for tea parties and the girls love nothing more than a great tea party with dad!
Isn't he great!!!! And look at the smile on Linzie's face.  She couldn't be happier.

2. First round of pink eye: Don't have any idea where she picked it up, but Linzie got pink eye.  It was in one eye in the morning and by the end of afternoon nap, she had two goopy, red, painful looking eyes.  I thought the rest of us had escaped and it was limited to just her, until I got it last week--two weeks after her.  

3. Father's Day
 Mexican food, cheese cake, and presents with his girls.  I don't know if it gets much better than that for Jared.  We love you and think you are the best dad in the world!

4.  Seven Peaks--Jason's B-day:
So, every year, Jason is kind enough to host his own birthday party and take the whole extended family to Seven Peaks and then we all bring something for a BBQ afterward.  It makes for a great party.  We missed the Smiths and Cathy this year, but had a great time.  Thanks Jason and Meredith!  I was too busy with little girls in the water to get too many pictures.  Kenzie, although she was freezing, did not ever want to get out of the water and Linzie thought it was fun to sit on the side of the wading pool and splash or, sleep on Grandpa.  I hung out like a beached whale in the wading pool most the day and Jared enjoyed the slides, when he wasn't with the girls.

5.   Garden:
It finally stopped raining enough in May that we could actually plant the garden.  We got to pick spinach, green onions,our first peas and the first strawberries we have ever had.   Now that it is actually July when I am posting this, we have cherry tomatoes on, peppers that are about ready, more peas, cilantro, and more strawberries (albeit small ones).  I love the garden and have really enjoyed going out with the girls to pick our produce.  They have about made themselves sick eating peas! 

6. Week in St. George with the Christensens:
This really warrants it's own post, and I might just do it with more detail and pictures, another day.  For now, the highlights are: an amazing house to stay in with indoor and outdoor pools and a sand volley ball pit, the animal museum, the "Crack", Tarzan at Tuachan, Eclipse (yes, we had to go to the movie :),  the Jacob Hamblin Home, the Mountain Meadows monument, the Pine Valley Chapel and restaurant in Pine Valley, the temple, relaxing, swimming and just hanging out and visiting.  Thank you grandpa and grandma Christensen! 
We got to end the week by seeing the Embley's new house and going to the 4th of July fireworks in Moroni with my brother and his family.

5 comments:

Jody said...

Your basement looks so AWESOME!! Great job! You have been super busy. Disneyland is the best place. Looks like the girls had a great time. How are you feeling? Sounds like you have a green thumb! One of these days we might just come visit. Maybe we could sneak over when we go to Carli and Chuck's! Hope your all doing well!

Phillips Family said...

Jared and tea parties...hmmmm...Adam will have to bite his tongue from making a comment. Looks like you guys have had a great summer so far. We love disneyland and can't wait to go back.

Clint, Mel & Kids said...

You've been busy!!

Jenny said...

I'm glad you finally updated! Your basement looks wonderful and I bet you love it! I love the "purple" girls room. So pretty! I want to see a picture of your cute belly! You look beautiful in the Disneyland pictures! Glad all is going well!

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

The basement looks so well done...impressive! We will promptly be by and inspect your work!