One year ago, we were driving to the hospital in a horrible snow storm, anxious for your arrival, Linzie. One year later, I can't believe how quickly the time has gone. I am constantly amazed at how fast such a little being can change. There was a time you could barely keep your eyes open for 10 min. at a time and suddenly, it seems, you are eating macaroni and cheese and pushing a toy shopping cart around the living room.
Linzie, you have the funnest smile and most kissable cheeks. You love to be held and have become very cuddly. You love your yellow snuggy blanky and Binky. With those two good friends close, you are quite content. You are a fiercely independent little girl. You already insist on holding your own spoon although you can't quite feed yourself with it. It is fun to watch you hold a spoon in one hand and feed yourself with the other. You have the most amazing high pitched scream that we have ever heard. You use it when you are happy and when you can't have your own way. You love your sister and want to be wherever she is...even if it's in the bathroom. Yesterday, it even sounded like you were trying to say her name. You are a bit of a momma's girl, but you are always so excited to see dad and give him hugs and kisses when he comes home from work. You love food and will eat most everything, even though you only have two teeth right now. You are almost walking and, as of two weeks ago, have started crawling on your knees rather than army crawling. You are a total tease and have discovered how fun peek-a-boo is when you cover your own face and then uncover it when we say "boo". You also laugh hysterically when tickled.Today, while Kenzie was with friends, we got to have little one-on-one time. It was such a sweet time for me. It was great to just play with you and hold and rock you. You laid on my shoulder and we rocked, just the two of us. I was able to tell you how much I love you and how glad I am that you were sent to our family. You have brought so much joy to our home. There was a time that I couldn't imagine how life would be with two kids, now I can't even remember how it was without you. Happy birthday, baby angel! We love you.

2 comments:
Last year I thought, 'well, I know I'll never forget Linzi's birthday.' and yet I did...Happy Birthday!!!!
She is so stinking cute. The year went by just as fast for me as it did for you Kristee. I feel like we were just barely at Kenzie's little one year get together. It's surreal.
We were out of town for your birthday party Linz, forgive us! Happy Birthday sweet girl.
Post a Comment