Kenzie turned two this past week. I still can't believe it. I am loving watching her grow and learn, but I am a little sad to see my baby go from a baby to a big girl. BabyCenter now calls her a "preschooler". It is still way to early for that! It is amazing what changes in two years. She still, however, makes the ultra sad face that you see in the baby picture. That hasn't changed! I don't think the response she gets from mom and dad when she makes that face has changed either.
I think Kenzie had the perfect day on her birthday. She and I and Linzie had a tea party for lunch (she made sure Linzie was a part of it), then Jared took a half day off and he and his mom showed up just in time for her to wake up from her nap. We all went to Salem Pond to play at the playground, feed the ducks, and play in the sand. She loved it. We then went to her next favorite place, the library, and got a few books. We came home and met up with Grandpa Christensen and then went to McDonalds for dinner. To finish it all off, we had cake and ice cream at home and some of the cousins were able to come have "pink princess take (cake) with tandles (candles) in it" with us and open presents. Kenzie loves candles since she blew them out a few weeks ago at Grandma and Grandpa Adams'. When she was asked what she wanted for her birthday, she would say, "with tandles in it." and then blow to practice blowing them out. Pretty funny. Here are a few pictures of her perfect day.
Yesterday Kenz had her two year check up. She did so well. She is still perfect the doctor says! She was finally back on the charts for weight at a whopping 22 pounds. Yeah, that is the 3rd percentile. She is in the 50th percentile for height. I promise we feed her!
I'm sure every parent feels this way, but I swear, she is so smart for a two year old. We learn something from her everyday and are reminded how truly simple and magnificent the world is and that a little love and compassion go a long way. We love you, Kenzie!
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Two Years Old
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very fun! I love the cake, you went all out!!! I love that little girl.
She looks so grown up in that picture by the lake. It goes way way too fast. :( We need to get together sometime this summer!
Post a Comment